Friday, December 22, 2006

All the chair's a stage

Quote of the day from my friend Amy, who has taken voluntary redundancy and had her leaving do last night. She clambered onto a chair then couldn't think of anything to say, so made us all sing Kumbaya (and came in at twenty past THREE this afternoon):

Amy: "Were you there last night?"
Me: "Yes darling, I was holding onto you when you were giving your 'speech' so you didn't fall off the chair."
Amy: "Ah! It was a chair! I did remember wondering why the stage was so small."

Nights down at the Walrus aren't going to be quite the same without her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Spike said...

Excellent.

Javva good Chrissy?

5:51 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

There was an appropriate mix of boozing, eating, staring at the telly and sleeping. So yes, thank you, I did! And you?

1:49 PM  
Blogger Spike said...

I did, ta. Same only with more ham.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home