Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A brilliant smile

I was standing around in Leicester Square last night while the Bond premiere was taking place. Not for fun - the Queen was there and I was under instructions from my employers not to leave until she was safely tucking into her popcorn "just in case she explodes or something".

Anyway, the bitch was over half an hour late and I was at least 45 minutes into cold-induced kidney shutdown before she zoomed up the red carpet. As she leapt nibbly from her pope-mobile and I turned around to race off and meet Andrew, I nearly ran smack-bang into this fucker:



Jaws! Gah!

He had all his metalwork in and was accompanied by Oddjob. When I was little, I was absolutely chuffing terrified of Jaws. Only the other night I cited him as the reason I'm scared to travel in cable cars. And there he was, mingling with the plebs Leicester Square for no apparent reason. I was surprised at the time that he didn't have any security with him, although I suppose when you are capable of smilingly chomping your way through people's limbs, there's no need for a bouncer.

Still, as nightmarish as Jaws is, he never freaked me out quite like this evil, mangy rotter:



Boom boom. Don't try to tell me that Basil Brush didn't eat babies. Pure furry evil.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Jaws shat me up too. I would probably have soiled myself had I run into him.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Spike said...

No way! He was dead cool in that fillum.

Basil Brush is very innuendoy for a kiddies' show. Quite like him though and his offsider.

12:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home