Monday, March 20, 2006

Me, him and Camilla Barker Bowles


£350
Originally uploaded by LizzieCatt.
Saturday marked the first official event in the countdown to The Wedding of the Year - when Sharon waltzes up the aisle and into the arms of Ian.

In honour of the impending nuptials, seventeen ladies wot lunch descended on an unsuspecting London restaurant. The youngest guest was 21 and the oldest 87. Can you guess which one turned up with a garter for the blushing bride-to-be? Old people are cooool.

Before the lunch, us bridesmaids piled into a few of Oxford Street's department stores to wrestle ourselves into several potential frocks, stuff our faces with massive pastries and ponce about trying on hats.

I have, in the past, given a certain someone a bit of a hard time for expressing a desire to own a Philip Treacy hat. I must now issue a public apology, for although I maintain that any bloke mincing about in a designer titfer would look like an utter pillock and be righteously dumped/mocked, I did fall madly in love with this thing of beauty, created by the very same Philip Treacy. I'm sure it'll be on my (imaginary) hatstand soon - a snip at a mere £350.

I never thought I'd be craving the designs of someone who makes hats for Camilla Parker-Bowels.

I even went to Mr Treacy's website this morning but was quickly reminded that I have no place looking at fashion sites as I clicked through to the homepage and saw the message: "If you cannot see the Unicorn, either enter the None Flash Site or Download Flash."

Heh. Unicorn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

You know who does the PR for Phillip Treacy, don't you?

(Well, sort of.)

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home