Monday, February 06, 2006

When I think about my posting options, the word "insipid" springs to mind

Things I can't blog about because people may read about it and get their collective knickers in a dirty great twist:

My job
My relationship
Certain family situations
Various projects I'm involved with
Some friends (who are doing things that are interesting)
Basically, everything I do/say/think

Things I can blog about because nobody cares:

How much I hate generic stuff
Eating (as long as it is not undertaken with anybody "sensitive")
How much I like generic stuff
Sleeping
Non-touchy friends (who aren't doing anything interesting)
My low-energy mission to get fit

Sometimes, blogging is a real bitch. I could, of course, start a secret blog and write about lots of secret things, but that would be a bit horrid. So. Check back later to find out just how much I like egg-shaped chocolate *sigh*

Main Entry: insipid
Part of Speech: adjective 1
Definition: dull
Synonyms: anemic, arid, banal, beige, blah, bland, characterless, colorless, commonplace, dead, drab, driveling, dry, dullsville, feeble, flat, ho hum, inane, innocuous, jejune, lifeless, limp, loser, mild, milk-and-water, mundane, namby-pamby, nebbish, nothing, nowhere, ordinary, plain, pointless, prosaic, prosy, slight, soft, spiritless, stale, stupid, subdued, tame, tedious, tenuous, thin, tired, trite, unimaginative, vapid, watery, weak, weariful, wearisome, wiped out, wishy-washy, yawn
Antonyms: interesting

3 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I hear ya. My blogs were much better when I hated everyone.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Spike said...

I hear ya as well. Many's the time I've had to delete something entertaining because Friend X, who never reads my blog, will of course choose that day to start reading my blog and get all huffy.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel the fear and post it anyways Lizzie!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home