Thursday, July 20, 2006

Coke Zero - rubbish


Coke Zero - rubbish
Originally uploaded by LizzieCatt.
Congratulations Coke Zero, you have officially joined the list of things I won't buy. From the platform at Waterloo to the front door at work, my path was strewn with emptied silly little promotional freebies. Scattered down the escalators, wedged in tube seats, balanced on ledges, rolling along London Bridge, dumped on the pavement. If you're going to hand out zillions of poxy cans of your latest feral brown goo, at least hire people to clear up the mess.

The list of things I won't buy (so far):

Nivea
For making adverts that make women feel shit about themselves. I know almost all beauty companies (or all companies advertising to women) do this, but for some reason Nivea's piss me off the most. Believe it or not, silly, primping, flexing models in little white hot pants pulling cheeky faces from between their legs as they rub dollops of firming lotion into their tanned, toned, well-lit and professionally made-up thighs (before playfully wiping a blob of cream onto the nose of a gay male model) is not going to make me rush out and buy a bottle. I have refused to buy or use any Nivea products since I was about 18. Scumbags.

Yorkies
Not for girls? Really? Fuck off then.

Believes
I think I have made my feelings on World Cup merchandising perfectly clear in previous posts.

Coke Zero
For encouraging scruffs to hurl non-biodegradable cans around the city.

8 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Coke with no sugar is quite simply a ridiculous idea.

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Their rivals are obviously retaliating in the same area... I counted 11 - yes, 11! - discarded mini cans of Pepsi Max on the three minute walk between my bus stop and the office.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be great if the people who reside in your area cared as much about the environment as you and put their rubbish in the bin!
(I realise picking up cans may seem a bit of a hobo thing to do but maybe you could go a step further and collect them up to recycle them!)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Male grooming ads piss me off. I really hate that Lancaster ad where the extremely my-type male model has his cleanly-shaven face stroked by an adoring female model. Fucking bitch.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Spike said...

pulling cheeky faces from between their legs

?!

Scary.

I always have a book handy to bury my nose in during the ads. Though there was one way back in the dark ages with a chick with long hair dancing in an unbuttoned shirt. This dancing went on until all the straight bloke's had told each other they were going to do her. Then she whipped the shirt off and she was a bloke and the straight bloke's all screamed like they'd had their knackers chopped off.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I flat out refuse to buy L'Oreal products from now on. Jane Fonda advertising anti-wrinkle cream, gushing at the fact she looks so good at 68 because she uses it......er, no Love, that would be the two face lifts, rib removal and gazillion jabs of botox that'd be helping you there! If you're going to get someone to advertise you products, make sure it isn't a plastic surgery junkie.

AND i refuse to watch the new superman film too. How am I meant to feel good about myself as a woman in her 30's when Hollywood casts a 21 year old to play someone my age with a kid? Hmpf!

[/end of rant]

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never bought PJ tips because I think dressing monkeys up is silly and a bit cruel. Does that count?

1:45 PM  
Blogger Shaun said...

I actually like Coke Zero - it's been out here in Australia for ages, much nicer than Diet Coke and you can have a can a day without feeling guilty about it.

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home