Friday, August 05, 2005

Chicken tikka jeera

The curry was all I could have wished for and more. After much (fairly drunken) deliberation, I went for the chicken tikka jeera, a 'medium spiced dish cooked with jeera (cumin seeds), a touch of garlic and lemon juice'.

And oh, it was good. My curry was the one that turned up looking really sexy in a special dish. Yes, for one night only, I was the woman who ordered the dinner that everyone else wished they were eating. It was delicately spiced, creamy but not too creamy, and had just enough of a kick to titillate the tastebuds. It was so damn fine, I would happily have eaten it again for breakfast, and am already plotting a return with Drew next week.

In addition to the fittest curry to traverse my pallet in years, Marion and I shared rice and a saag paneer, a side dish made with spinach and cubes of fried milky, curdy cheese. As it was bring your own booze, the bill only came to £11 including tip, and the wine was flowing. I may have been a little exuberant, but was certainly not blowing bits of poppadom at boys, although I did manage to crack my head on the neon sign in the window several times. Well, if you're going to cram someone in a seat and let them drink all the wine they want, you shouldn't put a big metal box above their head.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering as I read.

LOL about the big metal box.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home