Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Interview

I had an interview today for a new position at work. It was supposed to be yesterday but got moved, allowing me plenty of time to metamorphose from a relaxed, confident and possibly slightly under-prepared human being into fanged, clawed, head-biting, sweaty-palmed nervous wreck monster.

After I'd been sitting waiting for the interviewer in the office for five minutes, forgetting to breathe with my shoulders in my ears, it genuinely occurred to me that I may have started frothing at the mouth.

The interview was over in under ten minutes and none of the questions I'd prepared for were asked (that would have taken about four hours). As usual, my mouth detached from my brain and went right on ahead doing the interview by itself. I think it did a pretty good job, from what I managed to catch from my disembodied state.

Fingers crossed!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you did brilliantly. Have fingers / toes / arms etc crossed for luck but am sure that'll it'll be unnecessary and the job will be yours.

Lots of love and golden light ;o) from Belfast xx

7:24 PM  
Blogger Evan said...

Good luck madam. I've never met you, have no idea what kind of thing you were interviewed for, but am confident that you are the best candidate.

And if you aren't, then it's not the right job for you...or something equally as slap-on-the-back-you-rule-no-matter-what-they-think-kind-of-thing

I once showed up 4 hours late for an interview as I wrote the time down wrong. I still got the job. That's how hard up they were.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Thanks everyone! I'm totally hyperactive today, having been submerged at the bottom of a big lake of terror all day yesterday. I have actually been asked to shut up twice by co-workers.

But I can't!!!! So glad that interview is OVER.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL.

Hope it turns out.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home