Thursday, July 07, 2005

London attacks

Working in a news organisation, I feel like I'm in a bubble. I didn't really have any trouble getting into work and have hardly left my desk since I got here - can't believe it's 3.15 already. Instead of writing the usual froth, we're ringing hospitals to see how many dead and injured have been brought in. The emergency services and hospitals are coping amazingly well, the major incident plans appear to be extremely well-rehearsed. The thing I can't get my head around is that this is happening to friends, neighbours, fellow Londoners, right outside the front door - I certainly won't be going outside for a while.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're okay. Getting continuous coverage from the Beeb here in Sydney. The death toll is currently (evening your time) reported at 38 and the injured at 700.

Your emergency services were very quick and organised and efficient. They've practised on the IRA of course but they've still coped well with so many bomb sites.

There's some info links on my blog: http://www.sexinthesuburbs.info/wordpress/

12:43 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

Scary stuff. If I had of left on time, I may very well have been on the Piccadilly line train.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home