Friday, June 24, 2005

Oh, I wish I could be at Glastonbury...

... it looks like so much fun!


That man is UP TO HIS NECK!

Really, there is no need for festivals. No need.

If this happened anywhere else, we'd be setting up an emergency helpline and the air force would be air-dropping cagouls.

My favourite quote of the day, from festival organiser Michael Eavis:

"A bit of rain never hurt anyone."

I'm not sure that those with trench foot, dysentery and cholera would agree, but hey ho.

He continued: "We've got used to it, people survive and they cope. They just need to get out of their tents and get on with enjoying themselves. The rain always makes things better, it stops people getting complacent and presents a bit of a challenge. It wakes everybody up and improves the general morale and spirit."

Har har.

As a founding member of the UCA (Uncomfortable Campers Association), I have to say I am WELL glad I will be spending my evening drinking gin underground, and not dressed in a sundress, fighting through freezing waist-high floods in pursuit of my tent.

Update: I've just noticed that the photo above was taken from a bank covered in nettles! Oooh, my aching sides! Does that mean that thousands of short-wearing hippies have been forced to scrabble up nettley banks to safety? *wipes away a tear*

I've also realised that everyone's toilet paper will be soggy, snigger.

Oh, and my colleague just pointed out that all the soggy, rotting Glasto 2005 survivers will be traispsing back to civilisation with "we slept inside each other to keep warm" stories. Can I state here and now that I really, really, really, don't want to hear it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

PAH!!!! I personally had a marvellous time. Wellies and vodka are all you need to survive.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happened to the porta loos ??!!!??? Ugh !!!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bless the people who got flooded, i however camped on higher ground and was smugly sat with my wellies, 2 litres of gin, 3 litres of pimms and my toilet roll in a plastic bag. by the time you have had 7 hours of "pimms o clock" you really don't care about mud or what else is mixed in with it- or anything else and somehow my "drunk but confident" legs kept me upright! you really should go - it's waaaaaanderful!

dude - the portaloos at the bottom of the field i was in floated away.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home