Friday, July 08, 2005

The day after

Another busy day dealing with grim news, not helped by a rather majestic hangover. I'm pretty embarrassed that the buses and trains were on splendid form, while I limped around sorrowfully, contemplating whether or not I could cope with a cheese sandwich. Shame on me.

Tonight I'm going out to see a friend DJ, but I feel like I should be heading home to grow potatoes, paint lines up the back of my legs, darn socks and sew up a hole in the black-out curtain. I had to stay in town last night, the last time I left home, the first bomb had just gone off and I was totally oblivious to what was happening. The people I work with and I have been living and breathing these terrorist attacks since yesterday morning, I kind of want to go home and hug my mum.

4 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I never realised what you did (seeing as I stumbled across your blog while bored and pressing the NEXT BLOG button). It must be hard work.

Any thoughts on the idea that they may be planning a second attack in the coming days. I saw it on the BBC last night before going to bed. It seems a bit far fetched but allegedly they were planning it in Madrid but were foiled. Scary.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

We know pretty much the same as you see on the TV and read in the papers. I run with the theory that there are always attacks in the offing, and intelligence working to prevent them. The only ones we really get to know about are the ones that come to fruition! I'm just carrying on getting on the tubes and buses, trying to concentrate on the usual being furious with inconsiderate fellow travellers rather than getting blown up.

I generally write fluff, so it's not usually too taxing!

Glad you late on Thursday - a good move. Hope your face is getting better!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

My face looks like someone smeared dog muck all over one side due to a strangely brown bruise, but on the whole it is much better thank you very much.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lovely! I'm sure the look will be all the rage on the catwalks for the autumn season.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home