Thursday, July 28, 2005

Highlights from the Big Gay Out:

Watching the remaining members of Blazin' Squad mouth-breathing as they strained to understand an interviewer's questions back-stage.

Slick Tony Christie and his fuck-off Gucci shades, and a certain young lady asking for a quick pic of the two of them together for her mum, then confessing to me afterwards this was bollocks, it was for her, and her mum has no idea who Tony Christie is.

Two grubby-looking young boys outside the gates of Finsbury Park, arms slung around each other, blagging positive "yes!" gay rainbow sweeties from the lesbian who asked: "But are you gay?" by chanting in unison: "We're bisexuals!"
(yes I know that was on Drew's blog, but I was there too)

Getting kicked out of the closed Terrordome tent where we were watching our friend Strawberry K DJ, even though we'd been there for half an hour, the tent was two hours late in opening and there was still wet paint on the podiums.

Being given a balloon by a policewoman.

The Enchanted Forest of David Hasselhoff: trees, creepers, exotic bugs, velvet cushions, Speak & Spells on chains and a Hoff shrine, all leading to an incense-scented Moroccan-style tented retreat.

Toilet Land. If you have to spend a penny at a festival, do it in an enclave of pink-draped portaloos, staffed by lavatory-paper brandishing hosts and hostesses in - of course, pink - to the sounds of the theme-tune of Going For Gold (nice, but still glad we had access to the V.I.Pee)

The knight in shining armour zooming about the crowd on a pretend horse concealing a moped.

Realising it was cold, we'd been there for hours and were not gay, and leaving professional gayers Joe and Drew to dance it up while we dashed back to Marion's to drink wine, eat pasta and watch Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha my mum was just reading this over my shoulder and went 'who's this tony christie then? i've never heard of him?'

i think the pic is brilliant by the way. i mean, who many *real* celebrities do you have on your phone, elizabeth? ;o)xx

10:19 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Who is Tony Christie?

8:50 AM  
Blogger Evan said...

Damn! I'm not gay, but I would most certainly have gone seeing as I live around the corner. I had to go to some wedding in Bristol instead. I bet it was brilliant fun.

How was Frankie Goes To Hollywood?

9:32 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Didn't see Frankie Goes To Hollywood as I was just not gay enough to stay to the end. However, when I saw Holly Johnson at Pride on Clapham Common a few years ago, he was awwwwwwesome!

I am having a bit of a blog crisis actually, can't log on due to disabled cookies. I think work has maybe blocked blogger.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home