Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It wasn't like this when I was a gal

Kit Kat editions are the poshest Kit Kat ever? Bollocks. They're mini Kit Kat Chunkies with jam in. Wasn't anything that posh about jam, last time I checked.

I am also concerned by the disappearance of the four and two-finger variety of Kit Kat. It was bad enough when Nestle got their twisted mitts on Kit Kats and removed the Rowntree logo from the chocolate, destroying in one fell swoop the traditional foil-rubbing, logo revealing foreplay. I believe they come in foil-fresh packaging now. Gah.



I mean, Kit Kat Chunkies are amazing and everything, especially with two-sugar tea in an emergency. They made the skinny fingers look pretty twig-like, for a while. But the lack of proper Kit Kats is yet another confection travesty, joining the horrors of taking the cardboard out of Bounties, the red 'fire' off of candy cigarettes, and whatever the hell it was they did to Curly Wurlies.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where I work we get a tea trolley that comes round twice a day. And you can buy kitkats from the trolley, including the elusive four-fingered variety, for a very reasonable 25 pence. Though I do miss the foil rubbing logo thingy.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never did the foil rubbing logo foreplay thingy but now have the urge to nip out and conduct testing on many chocolate bars. Will report from my hospital bed on recovery from chocolate OD.

Also, I went on a tour of the Cadbury factory in Tasmania. You may now be my groupies.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home