Monday, April 11, 2005

Hey, I'm crying on the inside

I'm having on of those days where it seems that for everyone around me, the least fascinating, most choresome, tiring, uninteresting thing they could possibly do is finish a conversation with me. I'm sure they are all busy, but unfortunately I have to communicate with them. Is it so hard to finish a sentence? All I want is a brief exchange of words, but no.

I don't know whose mothers advised them that turning their heads in another direction is a suitable way to close a dialogue, or why some people think that talking really fast then saying goodbye and hanging up is a suitable way to answer telephone queries, or where certain PRs were taught that a curt, unhelpful email answering precisely none of the questions posed is a great way to generate coverage...

...hey, are you...?

Oh, I give up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i suggest you make a large cup of tea and have a biscuit (you can purge tomorrow) - ignore everyone in your office, or just make a non-committal disinterested "hmm" if someone speaks to you, go to this webpage (www.ichhabkeininternet.de/flash/spiele/neverland.swf)and play with jacko for the rest of the day. Infact i don't suggest - i PRESCRIBE!!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Becca - I have tea, I have a Mars Bar. I can't get onto the site, but I plan to when I get home after leaving work at 6 sharp! The hmm-ing is going well. Thank you!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home