Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Heel toe

Nobody told me that when you wear proper girl shoes, and you wear them all the time (and not just to show off for a bit at parties before realising your skin's laddered and bleeding, and you have to take the shoes off and carry them around all night, getting really filthy feet and totally annihilating your tights in the process), the heel tips wear out.

I wore my first pair down after a month - a month! Shame on you, Office. One minute I'm poncing about in blissful ignorance, the next, the heel tip's off and I'm left hobbling around on a scratchy metal stump, wondering what the hell happened.

Two months later, the buggers have worn down again - does this mean that I am extremely fat or something? Because it makes me feel extremely fat. Imagine what would happen if I didn't have shoes on, for crying out loud. I'd be down to nothing but ankle bone by August.

So it's drizzling outside, I'm broke, and I don't want to go to Timpsons to stand in my tights looking at key fobs and shoe polish while the nice young men re-heel me. But there's just a sliver of plastic left, and the metal peg is totally sticking through. If I have to feel the scrape of metal on pavement through my bones again, I swear my teeth will retract into my skull, my eyeballs will shrivel, and my nails will crawl right back up inside my fingers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL. You poor bugger. This never happens with bovver boots.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

My drag diva alias, Coco Verdose, says "You know it, girl!"

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home