Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy

Someone at work put the TV on to watch something earlier and has not realised Neighbours has started. Sadly, it is on mute but Susan and Toady are having a heated debate at what could be an outside area of Lassiters (or whatever it is these days) - he has his suit on which means he is in lawyer mode - and I managed to lip-read her saying: "Whose side are you on?", which was pretty exciting. Is she talking about Karl, or that man with the kids?

There also appears to be a new family of broad-faced chavs, or as I believe they are known in Australia, Bogans. Or Westies, but I think that's just Sydney. I recognise the matriarch, from the "fish" clan (Toad, Stone, Tadpole etc)? It appears the whole lot of them have finally bowled in from the countryside with their jolly crim ways to rock the boat in Ramsay Street.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walks slowly away from the computer now...

Oh I am loathe to admit it, but I watch Neighbours, yes I really do. It draws me in in ways I just cant describe, maybe like that fascinating morbid horror that compels you to watch a train crash?

You are right Sydneysiders tend to call them Westies, we in Melbourne do indeed refer to them as bogans and unfortunately the Timmins family are probably one of the worst story lines/actors to ever hit the plot developer's desks. They did get the correct 'estate names' Janae and Bree being classic examples and the attitude is certainly boganish, but oh lord, please, the rest of the world sees this. If i cringe, imagine the what the world thinks of Australians??

and for your info:

Toady was being a solicitor, working for Susan in a custody battle case over her newly inherited step children. The catch there of course is that Toady is besotted with the other applicant, a slaggy looking Asianish type 'big sister with a sleazy past who is now on the straight and narrow'.

Oh kill me now, I cannot believe I am typing this.

mare

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home