Thursday, October 20, 2005

Only two-six-four

Cottage cheese, I just want to say this to you.

It is good of you to be cheese, yet also so low in fat.

It amazes me how I can eat a whole big tub of you, and that's only 264 calories. Man, that's pretty special.

And I love the fact that sometimes, if I want, you have chunks of pineapple in, or garlic and herb.

But cottage cheese, I need to get this off my chest. To be honest, I hope you never read it.

I am sick of looking at you. I am tired of lifting you into my mouth on bread, or ryvita, or whatever. I don't know if I can face another day staring down at your pasty, watery, timid and amazingly low-cal little chunks of whey.

You know what I wish? I wish you were buttery mashed potato, mixed in with peas and chunks of sausage, and covered with gravy. Why, out of all the weird foods to be low-cal, is it you?

You know what? I love you really. Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow. I'm sorry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you doing lunch for under £1 again Elizabeth? ;o)

Personally I *heart* cottage cheese, and can't get enough of it. Especially with herbs. Yum.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Unfortulament I can't eat cottage cheese because it's appearance and lumpy texture makes me want to heave, big time. It's curdled milk in the most obvious way and I'm sorry, Mr cottage man, but dressing it with pineapple does not help. It just makes it look like curdled milk with pineapple in it.

*projectile-vomits*

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home