Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Bahhh, course I didn't

Of course I didn't go, are you crazy? I could hear the sound of car tyres sucking over wet tarmac outside this morning, it was pretty much still dark when I woke up. It wasn't still dark after I went back to sleep and woke up again, but it certainly was grey. And grey creeping around the edges of the blinds and into my little sanctuary ain't going to get me strapped into my running shoes.

(Of course, neither will gold creeping around the edges of the blinds. Urgh, sunshine. Hot)

Good news for my studiously ignored state of physical health though - I found out today that I am being given a proper contract at work, and don't have to f*ck around with the self-employed nonsense anymore. A proper contract has many benefits such as healthcare and a pension yada yada yada and oooh! £5 a month gym membership! Obviously I will not be allowed to apply for this until I have been working under the new contract for three months, but the dumbbells (or whatever the hell it is one lugs about in these places) are in my sights! I can go running inside! Actually, I can't imagine anything worse, but it's certainly less dangerous than running through gangs of local chavs dressed in not-hip leisure wear.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations sweetie on your contract! Am very very proud of you and all your achievements!! What a difference a year makes! Imagine what dizzying heights of success you will have achieved by this time next year! Can't wait to find out. xxx

9:46 PM  
Blogger Spike said...

*heaping scorn* Wuss!

But great news on the contract. And 5 quid for the gym! That's maybe 10 bucks in Australian. Cheap as. You'll kick yerself if you don't go faster at that price.

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would just like to say that again i am in the same boat - having done as least a month and a half of jumping around in a sweaty room with toned fabulous women, i too let the whole exercise thang slide for a while.... well infact the whole summer and devoted myself to studying the art of pimms and the consumption thereof, whilst standing knee deep in mud at all of the festivals that this green and pleasant land has to offer. so now after trying to squeeze my lumpy body into last years autumn wardrobe i have decided to start classes with hitler lady again. however i would just like to ask - why do women go to exercise classes in full make-up, jump around without breaking a sweat and then leave after an hour looking healthy? i have to be dragged from the room as i have lost the use of my legs and the heat that is coming off my face could melt the polar ice caps. gah. still at least i can try and lose some poundage in time for the annual xmas obesity challenge.

good luck with the going faster, considering going faster myself on saturday but have just had that plan quashed when the offer of a primark trip arose...dammit! bargains.v.exercise - no contest.

thus ends the ramble

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home