Monday, October 17, 2005

Going less

I have not been running jogging going faster for ages now. Ages. I had a bit a complicated summer, and to be honest, I really didn't feel like it. So I didn't do it. Hah, exercise! Argue your way out of that, bitch!

But everything is kind of OK now, so I have no reason not to go. I was hoping I would feel like it again once the oppressiveness of summer had died away. By oppressiveness of summer, I mean the heat - which may make one *whispers* perspire and also the riotous chav children who are not at school. As they are not at school, they launch rubbish from a nearby skip at passers-by between the hours of 6am and 2am. Even if I got up at 3.30am for a cool and speedy turn around the block, I didn't really fancy stumbling over a giant cardboard carpet roll and twisting my ankle. And, of course, 2-6 is when all the murderers are out, so that would just be stupid.

Another reason I couldn't possibly go running is I CAN'T STAND HAVING HAIR IN MY FACE, GRRR and my hairdresser decided to hack me a new chunk of fringe a few weeks ago. While I do like it and its eighties retro-ness, it is not really conducive to the running jogging going faster. In a bid to ready myself for the end of the sticky summer months and the resumption of exercise, I drove myself to the nearest Claire's Accessories to purchase a what I believe is known as a 'headband'. I swear, squatting on the floor of that terrible, sweaty little tat grotto, rummaging maniacally through the myriad of ghastly nylon creations that constituted 'headbands', searching for anything, anything, that one could place on one's 29-year-old head without fear of social exclusion was one of the most horrifying ten minutes of this summer. Why do they not have air-conditioning in that shop? Why? I had sweat ON MY UPPER LIP. I was so distressed I had to buy a new tiara and wear it all the way home.

So now I have a 'headband', and I am certainly feeling like I am mostly made up of the pasty, white insides of the chips that I had for lunch. Urgh. Squidgy.

So, must go faster again. I have admitted this to the internet in an attempt to shame myself into getting up a little bit earlier (nooooooooo!), grabbing my walkman, and half-heartedly bouncing around the block for twenty minutes.

Please feel free to heap scorn upon me if I check back in tomorrow and didn't go. Although I do have an early meeting, hmmmm......

3 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

This is just crazy talk woman! If God had meant us to job, she wouldnt have made people with flat feet.

In my opinion (not being a doctor or even having a clue), walking is just as good. Spend more time wlaking. Take a stroll for 30 mins of your hour's lunch everyday after you've eaten. Sod getting up early and not having the motivation. There is no need to torture yourself, is there? You're awake at lunch time anyway, so have a walk. You could even get into "speed walking" like Harold Bishop did all those years back! Look how trim he is...oh wait...bugger.

I still say walk.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Spike said...

Going faster. Ugh.

You could always join us weirdos and walk every street of London of something like Phyllis Thingy. Though not the chav children streets perhaps.

Plus you'd have cool photos to blog.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Spike said...

Phyllis Thingy, god of walkers.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home