Thursday, September 21, 2006

Dirty noodles

I like Pot Noodles. They're brilliant after a night out - surely a better bet than a mechanically retrieved kebab. Whatever the hell they put in them seems to work magically against the after-effects of tequila - I went through a bit of a phase of waking up with Pot Noodle gravy on my cardie but a surprisingly tame hangover.

They're fantastic if you're desperate for hot food but too feeble to cook and too incoherent to order a full English. And they come in very handy if you're working outside and in need of warming sustenance.

Pot Noodles are many things, but one thing they are not is the way to five. Which is why I was mildly disturbed to hear this report from my sister's boyfriend Tim, who works at a university and has been showing new students around their accommodation.

Tim: .... and the laundry area is this way...
Student: Don't worry about that. I'll take my washing home to my mum every week.
Tim: Right then. Well, here is the kitchen...
Student: Don't worry about that either. I'll just eat Pot Noodles.
Tim: Ah. In that case... here is your... kettle.

I only hope his mother pours pureed broccoli straight down his throat every time he takes his Noodle gravy-encrusted clothing home each weekend. Sigh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I usually whole heartidly agree with you on most of the things you talk about, but for God's sake woman - POT NOODLES????? They score very high on my list of completely rank foodstuffs that should only be used as a method of torture.

Each to their own and all...but you're wrong. Sick in the head and wrong!!!

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loving the slang for five portions of fruit and veg Madame Catt, my Friday addled brain took a bit of time to cotton onto that.

Have to agree with the above caller. PNs (see what i did there?) are rank and can only be excused by extreme inebriation...actually I retract that last part

3:35 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Just try one. Mmm, noodley...

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They may be wrong, but good god can they taste good after a 48 hour Space / DC 10 bender...

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually I would have agreed that pot noodles are the most rank thing ever.

However after the above mentioned Ibiza scenario, I've warmed slightly to them. It's a shame the kettle wouldn't boil properly, meaning we had to eat them half reconstituted, but hey, beggars can't be choosers. Nor can filthy cainers it would seem.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home