Thursday, August 18, 2005

No need

I really love Ibiza. It's not everybody's cup of tea, but if you know the right places to go, it's amazing.

So you can imagine how excited I was when I found out that the closing party for one of the coolest clubs, DC10, was happening on my birthday, along with a total solar eclipse. With the Space closing party the day before, and the Bora Bora beach bar - my favourite place on planet earth - open the whole time - it was shaping up to be the best birthday I've ever had. But today I found out that a friend of mine, an idiot ex, whose moronic behaviour ruined my first trip to Ibiza, has booked flights and will be there, at all the same places, at the same time.

He will flail, he will be a massive, star-f*cking, drunken embarrassment, he will be impossible to get rid of.

Do I go anyway, and try to stand as far away from him as I can?

Or do I just admit defeat, call off the whole thing, and go to my mum's for roast chicken instead?

4 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Disguises are good. Also drinking lots and working out a speech along the lines of "Leave me alone you fool!" may be advisable. If you come up with a really good speech, you'll be dying to use it. You could really turn this round to your advantage.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go anyway. Take multiple copies of some hideously embarrassing thing he once did and hand them out to strangers. He'll die of embarrassment and you'll be free of the bastard. Win-win.

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much, Anonymous. Bowel cancer spam is so uplifting.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Ex-boyfriend. I know people. Want me to have him "looked at"?

(I just realised that you've linked me. Thanks babs! Just one thing - in the alphabet ... I think you'll find that D appears after C.)

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home